Friday, February 5, 2010

Enough is Enough

This post ended up really long, and for some reason the font changes color and I have no idea why. I highlighted the links in bold text since otherwise they blend in. F'n Blogspot.

I know I said enough time had passed to the point where I couldn't really comment on the whole Pirates/Lemieux situation, but fortunately, the editors at the Post-Gazette did me the favor of writing an uninformed open letter to Bob Nutting.

Let me go through this piece by piece.
Major league sports is a brutal business. What with aggressive player agents, deep-pocketed competitors and more venues vying for the public's entertainment dollar, it is not a pursuit for the faint of heart.

1 comment:

  1. Could not agree more. The idea that a Lemieux/Burkle ownership would instantly turn the Pirates into a powerhouse is a yinzer pipe dream. Mario is a shrewd businessman... he will not bleed money so the Pirates can have a slightly better chance at winning 82 games. The Readers of GNJB want more Tall Guy quotes btw. JS.

    ReplyDelete